Are you looking to replace your old windows with more energy efficient alternatives? Then fiberglass replacement windows will be your most viable alternative. Apart from looking great, they are also high in durability and can last for years. Those apart, fiberglass windows are also excellent insulators for the home, helping the homeowner to cut down considerably on energy consumption.
Benefits of Fiberglass Windows:
- Larger replacement window units: Window panes possess high tensile strength, more than the closest alternatives, i.e., vinyl and wood. So, large window panes can be safely made out of fiberglass.
- Temperature control: During manufacturing process, small bubbles of air are trapped within the sheets of material. These bubbles help trap heat within them, making THEM an excellent insulating medium so they take in less heat during the summer, staying cool indoors and requiring less air conditioning. In winter, conversely, these homes stay warm and need less central heating thus improving the energy efficiency of a home. This helps the homeowner save money on air-conditioning and central heating bills as well.
- Uniform expansion rate: Materials expand and contract uniformly with fluctuations in temperature thus the frame of the window does not get damaged due to uneven pressure. Thus it is safe to use fiberglass panes in windows in areas where rapid temperature fluctuation is quite common, such as in desert regions.
- Adaptable to the decor: They can be painted after installation to ensure that these match the interior decor of the house. This is a substantial advantage over its closest competitor, vinyl, where the color (mostly white) is retained after installation and cannot be changed easily. This is one of the reasons for indoor decorators preferring fiberglass windows over vinyl ones.
- Cost effectiveness: They have always thought of being highly expensive. This is changing fast, with the price gradually coming down to be at par with wood and vinyl windows. Besides, the ultra high return on investment more than justifies the marginally higher price of these windows in comparison to the alternatives.